Our Statement of Beliefs
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, given to all people for instructions on living a godly life. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
2. We believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit as being One co-equal deity, eternally self-existent and self-revealed. 1 John 5:7-8; Matthew 28:19
3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who was made flesh through a virgin birth, lived among men, died on the cross for all the world and was resurrected on the third day.
Luke 1:27; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14; 1 Peter 3:18; Luke 24:2-3; John 11:25-26; 1 Peter 1:3
4. We believe salvation and forgiveness of all sin comes only through faith and confessed acceptance of the finished work of the cross. We believe salvation cannot be achieved or maintained through self-effort. It is a gift of God through faith by Grace, and that our salvation is sealed by the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 53:10-11; Romans 8:9-10; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:5
5. We believe in water baptism of believers by immersion following the examples given in the Bible of the baptism of Christ and of New Covenant believers. We also believe that all believers should participate in the Lord's supper/communion in remembrance of His sacrifice for us. Matthew 3:14-16; Romans 6:3-6; Acts 22:16; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
6. We believe the finished work of the cross includes healing and wholeness for every believer physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Meditation and renewing our minds through God's Word is beneficial in receiving and living out these promises.
John 19:30; Isaiah 53:3-5; Romans 12:1-2; Philippians 4:8; John 8:31-32
7. We believe that the baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit are for all believers with the benefit of speaking in tongues. These gifts are for the edifying of the entire church as well as edifying the believer and are to be done in an orderly manner as instructed in scripture.
Acts 1:5,8; Acts 2:1-4; Luke 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; John 7:38-39; Romans 12:6-8;
1 Peter 4:10-11; 1 Corinthians 14:18-33, 39-40
8. We believe in the individual call, commission and authority of the believer as stated in scripture and the coming together of all members to form the united body of Christ.
John 14:12; Mark 16:17-18; Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 12:18-20
9. We believe every believer is called to be a blessing in giving and serving, not only in the local church but in the world around them as the opportunity arises.
Mark 10:42-45; 1 Peter 4:10; Galatians 6:10; Luke 10:25-37
10. We believe Heaven is the eternal reward and resting place for all believers who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. We also believe hell is reserved for the devil and his demons and those who have rejected Jesus Christ, being eternally separated from God. Matthew 25:31-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9; John 14:2-4; Revelation 21:4-8
11. We believe that God created all human life in His image and as such all life is sacred. We believe we are called to defend, protect and value all human life, from conception through death. We also believe that every person be treated with compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity. Genesis 1:27; Jeremiah 1:5; John 3:16
12. We believe that God immutably creates each person as a male or a female. These two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. He created marriage to be the sacred union of one man and one woman and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. Genesis 1:26-27; Ephesians 5:25-33; Proverbs 5:15-19